Gift of Walter and Marilyn Barbe
Red over colorless wine cut and copper-wheel engraved with a variation of the Presidential Seal. This pattern was first made for President and Mrs. Abraham Lincoln in 1861 at Dorflinger’s Greenpoint Flint Glass Company in Brooklyn, New York. This order helped to establish Dorflinger’s reputation as a maker of high quality lead crystal. His company made replacements in this pattern for the White House several times. In 1891, President Benjamin Harrison’s White House ordered a new set of glassware from the Dorflinger company in the Russian pattern which was popular at the time.